|To give life you must take life,|
and as our grief falls flat and hollow
upon the billion-blooded sea
I pass upon serious inward-breaking shoals rimmed
with white-legged, white-bellied rotting creatures
lengthily dead and rioting against surrounding scenes.
Dear child, I only did to you what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is fashionable to be
young; I cry when it is fashionable to laugh.
I hated you when it would have taken less courage
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
2) Reading a really great book.
3) Drinking too much black coffee.
4) Making lists.
5) Really hot showers.
6) Music that gives me goosebumps.
7) Hard-wood floors.
8) Old scanned photos.
9) Folk-banjo music.
10) Bundled up scarves.
11) Spending two hours in the book store, buying new books.
12) Living out of my suitcase and traveling to places far away.
13) Sewing things.
14) Ripping papers.
15) The fall.
16) Receiving/sending mail.
19) Live music, it's the best.
20) Dresses, and not wearing jeans, ever.
22) Writing and reading poetry.
23) Big coffee table books.
24) Learning something new.
25) A really great film, one that makes me cry the entire time.
27) A good long conversation.
28) The sound a camera makes when the shutter goes off.
29) Men with beautiful singing voices.
30) Turquoise rings.
31) String and wind instruments.
32) Coffee shops.
33) A long sleep, after a long day.
34) Writing with fine-tip makers.
35) Truly amazing lyrics.
36) Natural red-hair that I'm completely jealous of.
38) The feeling after making something from scratch.
39) A really great sweater.
40) Red lipstick.
41) French music.
42) White wine.
43) Jackets, and lots of them.
44) Porcelain skin.
45) Big, busy, dirty cities.
48) Rare talent.
49) Andy Hull, because he's the best.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Her heart is obsolete, locked in a box with a thousand keys hidden in the clutter.
He will come, then go away - for he too will lose as she's lost and continues to lose if he stays.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
I am chilled with a cool icy breath as I step outside. It's colder than to be expected at this time of day. The weather's never this good to me. The cold sets me free. It wakes me from the comforting state of dream I live in. The cold opens my eyes to the world around me. Big sweaters, obnoxious scarves, and layers upon layers of clothing are the only ways I know how to dress.